Two For The Price of One

I couldn't believe it was time for lunch, but yes that time was upon us, so off we trot to the local. Siddie is working at home again, which as usual means he's not doing anything, well maybe a little bit of painting.

Since we have been busy at work, we make it a sort of happy business meeting over a pint, some talk about work issues, and then onto more interesting social topics. 

The beer we had was Sambrooks Junction at 4.5%. This is a well rounded ale, in my view up with TEA, just what I want from a beer. Nothing fancy, just the flavour of the hops and water to give it taste. Definitely an 8 out of 10. This is specifically interesting, as I'm hoping to go on a brewery tour at Sambrooks, as it's located just outside central London, near a main line train station (Clapham Junction) . When we do this, I'll blog about the other ales they have.



Later that day, an old friend of mine phone to say he'd been for a job interview over the road, so I meet Nick for a brew. It's good to see my old chum Nick, and he does like a beer, but I have to head home so only time for a quick pint of Pure Gold by Itchen Valley Brewery. Quite stong at 4.8% and has a sharp sour taste. now I don't normally like this sort of flavour, but as I work my way to the bottom of the pint, I was begining to like it more and more (maybe thats the 4.8% talking here). I'd mark this 6 out of 10. A hard started but a nice finish.


Comments

  1. We better make sure we pool our resources for the brewery visit. It's official -- Addie can organise a pi... erm, a drink up in a brewery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell us about your beer stuff here. What do you think?
December 2012: Due to a huge volume of pointless and frankly tedious comment-spam, at the moment we've switched off Anonymous comments. When it stops, we'll switch Anonymous back on again -- apologies for any inconvenience. Please join, sign in, and vent your beery spleen!