All going swimmingly

While sitting in the pub on the last day of his attendance in the office for a while, Addie was indulging in a spot of phone juggling. He has a work mobile (so that he can be shouted at by editorial colleagues) and a personal mobile (so he can be shouted at by anyone else who knows him).

Watching him weave between the incomings was actually like a strange hypnotic dance. Never before have I seen him exude such skill: "Yes, Boss, I'll be back in the office in around ten minutes," "Yes, Mrs Stone, I won't be home too late tonight..." You get the idea.

There was beer on the table though, and so this was destined to end in tears. How right can one be? I wondered for a moment if Addie was dunking a biscuit, then I realised it was his iPhone he was swirling around in his beer like a Chocolate Hob Nob.

This was all so exciting I've utterly forgotten what beer we had. Sorry about that; here's a picture anyway. As I recall it was very pleasant, and mine didn't taste quite as SIM-cardy as Addie's. Gulp.

Amazingly, after its little swim, the phone still functions. So Addie, get blogging mate. Your attempt at sabotage failed; you don't get off that lightly. Ha ha ha!

Comments