Heath's here

Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Heath Roe (I think you can see what we've done there!) I think it's fair to say I'm considerably younger than Messrs Stone and Nam and therefore will hopefully provide a different view on all things beer and ale. I hope you, our esteemed reader, approve.

I use to think ale was for the bearded sandal wearing old man (much like Addie and Sid!) until I started to attend the pub with them and while its fair to say not every variety is to my liking (I don't really like stouts and bitters) I have to say they have opened my eyes to a world full of flavour.

Anyway, after much hype I'm finally gracing the pages of this blog with my words, I hope you like what I have to say.

Last weekend I went to the much talked about Stone Roses gig and I have to say I wasn't disappointed, great songs by a great band and to top it off, a great crowd too. Quite nice those northern folk.

The one gripe I have though is at the gig, like all festivals and large gigs, there is never an ale choice. True to form, the options were Fosters, Fosters and more Fosters (there was some cider too but that's straying from the point!) so as you've probably guessed I supped Fosters, Fosters and more Fosters.

Perfectly drinkable in that cold, gassy, taste of nothing commercial beer sort of way. The amber nectar it most definately isn't, I'd say it's more like the amber fluid that then filled the empty glasses by punters who couldn't be bothered to make their way to the toilet.

So there you have it, my first contribution and it's not even about a proper ale. The cheek of it, these youngsters just don't listen.

Comments