Dinner


So after a pint, what is really needed is another. Unfortunately we are in a bar that doesn't allow kids after 6pm. I have a small concern over this policy, as my country bumpkin sister has brought her children, they are of drinking age, so we should really be allow to stay, but alas no.

We disappear up the road to a well know pizza establishment. Here of course, being a chain, the quality refinement of a good real ale go amiss, as this requires someone knows how to keep it. So everything here comes out of a bottle, and to add to the authenticity of the place, it's Italian beer. As we all know the Italians are lovers of chains and the fine dining that this gives you, as opposed to little family run businesses.

Of course Siddie by now would be spouting some guff about the origins of pizza and his I depth knowledge of such like, but let's talk about beer.

Its Peroni, we head for the large bottle. It is a smooth lager, with no strong flavour. I could get very drunk on this easily, if it wasn't so cold and fizzy. I'll mark this as a 5. This is the best mark I'll ever give a lager as although drinkable, it is also unremarkable.

Comments