Another Day Another Beer?

My beer buddy, Siddie, is not in the office today. He says he is in a different office, but I would never know, probably at home trying to fix his car electrics or something. So the days dilemma is who to have a beer with. Albert (not his real name, and unlike Siddie, I'm not really mentioning real names here) is also on leave, so my 2 faithful’s are AWOL.

Bert, a fan of the real ale local, surely he will have time for a swift one? Apparently not. It is at times like this that you realise who your real ale drinking buddies are. As time passes and I think who do I fancy a pint with, and so does lunchtime, suddenly it is 14:30, and not a drop of lunch anywhere.

That’s okay I'll leave early and have a swift’y on the way to the station. This is a good plan, there are plenty of bars on the way to the station, or I could always have one on the concourse. Strangely this Excel spread sheet I'm working on is keeping me busy and now it 16:25, I hurry to pack up, and leave.

Now at work we used to have desk with draws and stuff, not any more, we have a locker. So what should be a quick open the draw and drop everything into it, is now a hike across the office to a locker with a couple of round trips. This is all taking valuable sipping time, and no matter what, I can't miss the train as I have 2 young ladies waiting at school that I have to take home.


At the station and I have 15 minutes. Now, when I have a thirst, 15 minutes is enough time for a pint, but I want to enjoy and record the event for the blog, so I can't make time for a pint. “A half then” I ask myself ? Now unlike Siddie, I don't have the lady gene in me, so it is against the law to drink halves (unless you are at a beer festival).

So home I go and today is not another beer, it's a glass of red wine. Being the wine connoisseur I am, it's red and it's wine.


Comments